Jan 19, 2011

Vampire YA Fiction

Have any of you out there who are not the target demographic read Melissa de la Cruz's Blue Bloods series? If you have not then all I can say to you is think Gossip Girl meets True Blood.

The books are addictive to say the least. Unlike Stephanie Meyer's sparkle-vamps (who bless them still hold a love-hate place in my crotchety YA book loving heart) these are a return to the original myth of vampires being fallen angels.

I read four of the books in a week. And I wanted to know what happened next so badly that I even skipped one book that wasn't in and went on to the next. Happily I missed enough that it will be worth reading but not so much that I was completely lost from there on in the series, which is important.

Am I the only one out there who has gone completely fan-girl for Blue Bloods?

No comments: